Sunday, September 26, 2010

Oh Shoot, Week 3!! MANUAL!!!

This is the week we got to try out manual... it actually seems easy enough from the lesson and video, then I went to practice.

So, lighting is a challenge for me, but since that is the lesson in a week or two, I just faked it. I realized the thing about manual is that you have to basically reset and start over again after each picture... well, I guess if you are super good you may not have to or it goes fast, but for me, the beginner, this takes time and work for each shot.

Here is a shot from my first practice session.. as you can see, the lighting is off...

Then here is another while practicing. I chose my aperture first, then used my scale to adjust shutter speed, etc. This one turned out decent, but wish the model was looking at me.


And here is what I will turn in for homework... now, again, I feel like the color is off a bit in their face, and I am assuming this is my lack of knowledge about the lighting. I chose to turn this in as homework, as I want feedback on it. :)

Aren't these girls cute? Best of Friends...

We also had a creative assignment, where we were supposed to think of a color and take a picture.. I did take some fall photos, then captured this one of Shannon. I am not sure what color it reminds me of, but it sure makes me feel happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment