Sunday, September 5, 2010

Dear Abby....

I just returned from a long trip... My family went to Ohio and then to Texas.

Ohio is where my mom and my brother live. I have not been there to visit in a very long time, and it was the first time we had gone for more than a night. So, it was way overdue. I had avoided going for a long time, for many reasons that seem to long and complicated to list. Mostly it comes down my own feelings and trying to find ways to be there, enjoy our time, and not get wrapped up in issues of the past.

And, while I feel that was accomplished, I have come home with a heavy heart. Actually, with an ache in my heart. Not even sure I know what to say about it. Just that my heart hurts.

1 comment:

  1. So, I understant you do not knwo what to say about it? But what part makes your heart ache, and how do you think you can fix that?

    ReplyDelete