Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In times of sadness and confusion...

Today was a sad day, as I attended the funeral of a 6 year old girl. While there is much to celebrate (she is now with her God, and able to do a great many things she was unable to do here on Earth), it is still a hard time. A time of great sorrow and sadness for the family.

For me, it brings close to home the heartbreak I hope to never experience. I just don't think parents should ever have to bury their children. I know that God has a plan. I know that I need to trust in him. And, clearly, part of His plan for many does include the loss of a child... It still saddens my heart. Deeply. Words cannot adequately express this.... yet, I do find comfort in the picture of children running around in heaven... what a joyous picture that is. I mean, if heaven were only full of little old people, it would not be that exciting, right? I enjoy the picture of the playground they must have, the joy they must spread, the love they must be surrounded with. Someday, we will all be there, and we will all see loved ones we have lost.... in the meantime, I will take comfort in this and in His love, even through the tears of sadness.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush, I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.I am the soft stars that sh...ine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;I am not there. I did not die.

No comments:

Post a Comment