Thursday, March 18, 2010

I love brussel sprouts!!!!

Yep, I do. I never thought I would say this... up until about 6 months ago, I would have told you I did not like them, in fact. But you know, the funny thing is, up until about 6 months ago I don't think I had ever really eaten them.. well, atleast not made well!!!

here they are...


Then I chop off the end pieces, cut them in half, and sprinkle a little seasoning salt ( I use Penzey's Smoky 4 S), add a couple tablespoons of olive oil and they are ready to saute up. Oh, but wait... First, I cook up this....

See, now those of you who were saying they didn't like brussel sprouts are thinking.. "but I LOVE bacon". I am not a huge lover of bacon, but I know many folks are (especially men.. why is that??).. so, I cook up 2-3 pieces of bacon, then use the drippings to add more flavor when I cook up the brussel sprouts. I add about 1/4 chopped onion and saute on high for about 5 mins... Then I add the bacon back to the pan (crumbled, of course), add about 4 table spoons of chicken broth (just enough to add some liquid), then I cover and steam for a few more minutes.

And then, I get to enjoy!!


Truthfully, it is still yummy without the bacon, I just thought more of you would try it with bacon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment