Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Happy New Year!! I find it amazing it is 2010. I mean, really? Where have the years gone? It seems strange to be looking at the calendar and realizing that it is 2010 when I clearly remember celebrating 1990!!

The past year has been another year full of blessings. I really have nothing to complain about. I have been surrounded by family and friends, get to spend most of my time watching my two little girls explore the world and be amazed at each turn and do this with my best friend standing beside me (when he is not working or sleeping!! :)

What is my new years resolution? I do not do that. I do not wait until January 1 to resolve to change behaviors. However, there are some areas of my life I am continuing to work on. So, below are some areas I am working on for me.

Health. 2009 was a great year for my health as I found myself back in the gym regularly and getting physically fit.. atleast more so that the past few years. So, I am continuing on that journey as I prepare for the half marathon in May.

Patience. That is also something I am desperately working to grow in my life. I find that there are times I am not as patient as I could be... or want to be. I need to work on this. For myself, for my girls, for all those who experience my crankiness when I am not.

Giver. I want to find ways to give back to our community and show our children the joys of this. We are blessed to have the means to give financially, but I want to do more than this. I will do more than this.

Love. I want to continue to raise my children knowing they are loved. By me, by their dad, by God. I want them to always feel loved. I want to share this love with my family and friends. After all, really.. what else is there than to be surrounded by those whom you love?

Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment