Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday 2


Today, the thing most on my mind is health. As my girls have been sick the past two weeks, I have been feeling stressed, overwhelmed, exhausted and beat down. When little ones are sick, it is so hard on the parents... you want to make them feel better and to take the best care of them you can, but you quickly become exhausted. I find it trying to keep my patience in balance when they are so needy, though I know this need stems from their illness, not my childs inner demon trying to drive me crazy (though i do have to remind myself of this a couple times a day).

I am thankful that I have never had to bring either of my kiddos to the ER, thankful that my husband helps on this a bit... but mostly it is due to their good health. We have not had any major major illness or accidents. H1N1 was the worst this past week, but we made it through to the other side!!!

I am thankful I live somewhere where health care is accessible to me, and that I feel confident in the care provided. Not everyone has this, and that is a tragedy. Especially young children.

This seems like something dull to be thankful for in times like these, at the same time, it is on the forefront of my mind!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment