Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday 1

Since it is November, and this is the month we celebrate Thanksgiving... and it is right before Advent begins.. I wanted to focus more this month on the blessings in my life and what I have to be thankful for... and let me tell you it is a lot.

For the first thankful thursday, I thought of God. Yes, God. You know, if you knew me back in high school.. or even college, this may surprise you. I didn't grow up religious, and even at one point questioned His existence..not in a passing, angry way.. but in a serious, searching way. I was at a point in my life where I was searching. I came to a true crossroad in my heart... I new something was missing in my life, and I wanted to believe and let my faith lead me... yet I was afraid. Afraid to relinquish the control that I thought I had.. afraid that if I let my faith lead me, as it should, I could no longer control my future.... but then I had the amazing realization that faith does not make you lose control, it rather shows you who is really in control, and that you are not losing anything.. rather gaining Him. Gaining the Father we all need.

I am thankful that He led me to join the church, led me to open my heart and begin living the life He had planned for me. God also led me to let go of anger, hurt, and other feelings that were hardening my heart and keeping me from living the life I was supposed to and from being the person I wanted and should be.

I still struggle daily with issues of control.... and with growing my faith. I worry about raising children who will truly know God, love God and be a blessing to Him and all those they meet. Again, this worrying is not necessary...but like all people, I am a sinful being and continually fall short... but then I get back up and keep trying, as He wants us to.

I am thankful God is the center of our family (though again, sometimes I forget and think I am.. :) ), and that with Him, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment