Saturday, December 11, 2010

Ornaments on the tree


It is that time. Time to trim our tree. I love this time of year. I love decorating for the holidays, the white lights, the nativity sets, the stockings... and the ornaments. I am sorta particular about our ornaments. I do not like plain old balls, I prefer more detailed ornaments. And, for the most part, I can tell you where each ornament hanging on our tree came from, when it was given to us or purchased and if there was a reason, what it is. And as we hang them on the tree, I think about this.. it makes for a very special time for me. I do not bore my kiddos with all the details of each ornament yet, but we do talk about ones that I know they will find fascinating..each of their "first" ornament, and such.

I recently saw this devotion on Ornaments.. and it really hit me as to the meaning of this season. I need to spend as much time examining what Jesus has done for me this season as I do on my ornaments.... and celebrating Him this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment