Sunday, September 13, 2009

Two 10Ks in Two Days!!

I decided to do a 10k race recently and signed up for the Pints to Pasta in Portland for Sept 13th! In the end, due to odd situations, I ended up doing two 10k's back to back.

On saturday, I went to Dayton with my friend Kate and we ran in the Dayton Fiesta Run. It was too hot, but fun and a nice run. It was my first race, so I was happy to have it finished and to finish in less than one hour!! Woo Hoo. :)
Then on Sunday, I got up way early to drive to Portland for the Pints to Pasta run, which starts at Adidas and ends at the Old Spaghetti Factory. It was a fabulous day, much cooler and a beautiful race course. I had a great time, and ran in just over an hour (one and a half minutes over), which I was happy with considering it was my second race in two days. I dont have any pictures of this one, as it is hard to take pictures when running.. but it was fabulous!!!

Now, I am hooked... when is the next one? I am going to try to do some 10k's this fall and winter in prep for the Hippie Chick Half Marathon in May at Champoeg Park. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment