Thursday, August 6, 2009

34 amazing years.

Today is my 34th birthday. While my life has not always been full of bubbles and sunshine, it has always been mine and has shaped me to be the woman I am now. I am proud of who I am. That is not always easy to say, but after years of counseling and reflection and prayer, I am. I am proud of me.

The current life I lead is one of ease, contentment and love. The excitement in my life is one of happiness not of drama. I love that. Had enough drama for one life time, thank you.

So, what are some of my greatest memories.... oh, where to begin. I remember when my youngest sister and brother were born. I remember my 6th grade teacher being one of the most amazing women I know. I remember high school being more fun than challenging. I remember college being when I first began to explore who I was, really. I remember leaving Alaska wondering where I was going and would I ever return. I remember walking around OSU feeling so overwhelmed and brave at having left all I knew and my home. I remember meeting Kyle. I remember how it felt to fall in love with Kyle. I remember our first years together, the passion and excitement. The hours of talking about where life would take us. I remember our wedding day and our vows. I remember our many road trips and vacations, as a couple and with friends. I remember finding out I was pregnant with Allie. I remember watching Kyle hold Allie right after she was born. I remember deciding to be a stay at home mom (boy did that change my life...). I remember Shannon joining our family.

Truly, I remember a lot. Little events, big ones, happy and sad. that is one of the amazing things about humans.. we get to remember where we have been, and use it to shape who we are and where we are going. I hope I always remember to be thankful for the gifts in my life. Happy Birthday to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment