Monday, November 21, 2011

Top 5 Things to be Thankful For

November is a busy month.  It always seems like it flies by, and I am not sure where the time has gone.  However, I always try to focus on being thankful during November.    Really, this should be my focus year round, and November is just at time to remind me of that and give me a boost. ;)  

So, in that spirit... here are the 6  things I am most thankful for...  and this is not in order... :)

1.  My husband.   I knew when I married him that he is the love of my life, and that with him, I am better and stronger.  What I did not know was how amazing our life would be and how each day I would grow to love him more.

2.  My children.  Allie.  Shannon.   There are not words to describe how I feel about them.   Just last night I was watching them sleep and was overcome by wonder.. these two amazing creatures that He has entrusted to me (and Kyle) to raise so that they may be a blessing to others in this world.  Awesome.  And, each day, they make me proud to be a part of their life now and in the future.

3.  Basic needs.  I am so very thankful for the fact that I do not have to worry about the things in life that we need to survive.   Too many people have to worry about food, clothing, homes, safety... and I remember times growing up where it was a struggle.  I feel blessed to be in a position to share and give to others now.

4.  My family.  We are not a picture perfect family.  we are spread all over.   And, we are family.  

5.  Friends.   I know that there are those in my life who have left an imprint greater than they will ever know, helping to shape me into the person I am today and will be tomorrow. 

6.  God.  I did not grow up knowing Him, or His love for me.   It was not a huge topic in my life, yet I always knew something was missing.  today, I am thankful for my faith and for the grace that we have because of God and His Son.  




No comments:

Post a Comment