Thursday, August 4, 2011

36 years later...

Happy Birthday to Me!! 36 years. You know, it is funny, after my 21st Birthday, it seems I have not really paid much attention to the number. Often, when I am asked my age, I have to think about it, because it really does not matter much. I was not the person who stressed about turning 30 or 35.. (will 40 cause me to pause??)..... and each year seems to bring such new adventures that I do not dwell on the number, rather the journey.

36. That is a lot of years and days and minutes, and where has it all gone??? I can start to list all the "standout" memories if you will.... but it seems boring and unnecessary... Rather, I am going to spend some time thinking about what I am thankful for and what areas of my life I am not living in the way I would like. For example, patience. Ahh.. that sweet word. In this year, I plan to work on demonstrating more patience..... God. I also plan to talk to God more, and let Him continue to give me the strength and guidance as I approach each new day. Family. I love my family. I want to show them each day that they are important.

I do not know what this year will bring.. but I know with my family, God and friends at my side, it will be filled with laughter, love and blessings....

No comments:

Post a Comment