Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Five years ago, Mothers day was a day to say thank you to my mom and the women in my life who served as loving role models to me... it was a day that had a little meaning, but didnt tug at my heart in the way it did for others.

Then, these two came along....


And, now.. Mothers Day has a different meaning... meaning that goes well beyond words. I know it is a day we are supposed to celebrate mothers, and society has shown us I should get breakfast in bed, gifts and feel pampered.... Yet, I think it is the opposite. It is a day for ME to give thanks and celebrate the gift I have been given.. the gift of being these two girls mom... the gift of getting unconditional love every day from the purest of hearts and souls...the gift of knowing that these two need me, love me and know me in ways that no other person will ...

Yes, being a mother is a lot of work, it is an amazing responsibility.... and it is an endless gift... I am truly blessed. As I tucked my girls in after they were sleeping, I said an extra prayer as I watched them lie there peacefully.. I said a prayer of thanks.. and of hope, for all that is yet to come.

Thank you for making me a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment