Friday, April 2, 2010

In times of tribulation...

As Easter is drawing near, and as we reflect on what today means, I cannot help but become a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps my hormones are off (no, not pregnant.. just tired and crampy), but I have spent the day getting teary over simple and complex issues. It began early when I was preparing for my MOPS meeting. Due to a friend's family emergency, I was working on a scripture reflection to share with the group.. and the scripture, John 16:33 was really about how God is there in all times, especially in times of trial. And that there will be times of trial. Fact. God will be there. Fact. As I was reading this, and my friends outline of the reflection, I was thinking about all the trials I have encountered.. and yet here I am, feeling so very blessed. But quickly I thought of others, like my siblings, who have faced similar trials and tribulations (and some very different), yet have ended up in different places. A times they do not seem to overcome their trials as easily as I feel I have... why? Am I better? Am I stronger? Am I smarter? Well, perhaps this is all true.. but seriously, I know the reason is because of Him. My faith confirms that I am able to move forward and to face trials because He gives me strength. He has blessed me with a family that is supportive, loving and amazing. My sisters have many blessings, but I an not sure that they have the faith to lean on Him and to follow Him towards true happiness.

I have spent a lot of my life worrying about my siblings, feeling a sense of responsibility for them... for their happiness. I feel compelled to ensure they are happy, that they are well. And, I so badly want each of my siblings to experience true happiness, which will only come when they let God into their hearts, know Him, love HIm and accept his Grace and Forgiveness... then move forward living for Him. Then all the superficial, yet powerful distractions and trials in life will seem so unimportant...

Clearly, I am rambling... perhaps I need to gather my thoughts some more.. but this is where I am right now. I think where I need to be is in bed.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment