Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Holiday Baking

As Christmas approaches, I have started my annual traditions of making fudge and baking. This year, I am also going to attempt to make Angel Food candy, a candy my grandma has always made but I never seem to get to work just right.

This year, the weather was cool but clear (a major ingredient according to my grandma), so I began my endeavor...

First you cook up the sugar, corn syrup and vinegar til very hot (310 degrees). Then you add baking soda, stir quickly and pour into a pan. Next you get out of the room to hope it sets up fluffy. Yeah.. for the most part, it worked.. not quite as fluffy as grandma's, but not too bad. Now, we break it up, and coat it in melted chocolate. And here it is....



It doesn't look so good until you get it all coated with the chocolate... but it is addicting to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment