Friday, August 6, 2010

35 years...

So, today is my 35th birthday. Now, I must be honest, I am not one to get all worked up over the years nor really that excited about birthdays. I mean, after 16 and 21, they all started to run together.. :) I was not bothered by the big 3-0, nor am I bothered by 3-5..... At the same time, I am at a point to reflect on where I have been, where I am now, and were I see myself going.

I thought about listing 35 blessings I have or have had.. but really, there are so many I am not sure where to begin.

You see, I am living a very different life than I grew up experiencing, I am doing things I never thought I would do (firstly being a stay at home mom, among others), and am pondering what comes next for us... (no, I am not talking about baby number 3). I am not always content, but I am always happy. I am not the picture perfect mom, but I do my best and I love my children with everything I have. I know I am not always as patient with them or Kyle as I would like to be (a constant source of prayer...), but I know when to step back and breathe. Compared to others, I probably lead a boring life, but it is mine and I love it.

But I am not comparing myself to others. Life isn't about comparison (that is how we get into conflicts).

In 35 years, I have seen a lot, accomplished many things that I am proud of, and made many friends. I know my journey is not over and that there is a lot more left to do. I know that each day I need to be thankful for the moments and blessings. I plan to live a lot, laugh more and love mostest!!! :) Really, what else can we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment